Friday, October 19, 2007

Heartless Storm Watcher


Today I was going to blog on how angry I was that all my shows were canceled due to the major storm that blew through Louisville. I felt that the meteorologists were a little extreme in their coverage of the weather. Once or twice a year, a big meteorological event happens and I felt like these guys live for that once or twice a year occurance, so they cancel all shows so we can listen to them. And let's face it... watching a Doppler Radar is very uninteresting. I was not happy. But, then God, like He is so great at doing slapped me with a reality check. Why was I so upset? So I missed some shows... did I lose my house because of the tornado that touched down? Did any of my family members get injured or lose their lives? Thank God, no! And what if watching these boring radar and sky tracker shots actually saved some lives? Wouldn't it be worth it? Absolutely! My issue should have been more about why I cared so much that I missed my shows. Maybe I watch too much TV. I'll ponder that later. Right now. I'm gonna see if I can download last night's Survivor China and ER from iTunes.

1 comment:

Pastor David Boggs said...

I think those storms came so God could speak to You.... He is saying "You watch too much TV"