Monday, October 22, 2007

The Absurdity of College Mascots

Luckily, I am a huge University of Georgia fan because I was looking on the internet at several colleges and their mascots, and there are some ridiculous representatives. Georgia's mascot, Uga, was voted the #1 mascot last year by Sports Illustrated. I understand that not all universities and colleges can compete with that, but they have got to try a little harder.

Here is my list of the top five goofiest mascots in college sports:

The Santa Cruz Banana Slugs

Delta State Fighting Okras


Scottsdale Community College Fighting Artichokes


Evergreen State College Geoducks


University of Kentucky Wildcats

5 comments:

Kelley said...

Such a funny funny man

john said...

the wildcat was a nice touch.

i laughed.

out loud.

Cross Eyed Freaks said...

Yeah, I totally agree with the UK Wildcats...goofy mascot

Clay said...

brother martin, the spirit hast departed from this thou weblog because thou hast touched mine anointed, the university of kentucky wildcats.

LAN said...

I take umbridge at the inclusion of my beloved Wildcat with that strange assortment of veggies. God was no where near this post Josh!