Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Bishop


It's been a crazy week with getting ready for the church's auction and everything so blogging has been slow. Please accept the apologies. Anyway, this past week, I accomplished a milestone in my life that is almost 10 years in the making. No, I didn't find a cure for my hair loss, but rather a received my Bishop's Ordination. This is the third and highest level credential you can achieve in our denomination. I took my first test to receive my first level in 1998. I was a young, part-time Youth Pastor and full-time college student. Now, 9 years later, I am now a Bishop and will get my really cool robe in January. I'm thinking about getting my friend Beav to graffiti "J-Mart" on the back of the robe. That will be cool!

4 comments:

Clay said...

you get a robe now!?

Anonymous said...

Cooooool! Congrat Bishop Jmart.

Anonymous said...

Will you be sporting the "RING" of the Bishop?

Are you considered Holy now?

Kelley said...

"This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop,[a] he desires a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money,[b] but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; 4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil." (1 Timothy 3)
Sounds like to much work to me! I'll let you handle it! :)