Monday, December 17, 2007

Soap


Do you remember the day when their were only four kinds of soap in the world? Ivory, Dial, Irish Spring and Dove. I went Christmas shopping with my daughter on Saturday. We stopped into Bath and Body Works to get mommy some soap for her stocking. First of all, when did we go from 88 cents for a bar of soap to $8.00 for a bottle of the same stuff? And we have now graduated from 4 kinds of soap to like 50 variations. My head was spinning after the sales associate tried helping. She asked me what scent my wife likes. I looked at my 7 year old and said, "Do you know?" She told her the pink one. THERE ARE 12 PINK ONES!!!!! Wow!! So we had to choose from the massive wall of fragrances. You have to then open each bottle to see if you like the smell. After about the 5th bottle, the Coconut Verbena smells just like the Midnight Pomegranate. Then after we purchased our assortment of product, we had to walk around the mall and air out so that mommy wouldn't 1) suspect where we shopped or 2) accuse me of hanging out with another woman. (Just kidding) Anyway, the adventure is over and my sense of smell has returned. Honey, if you read this, I hope you enjoy the gifts Morgan and I sacrificed to bring you. Merry Christmas!

No comments: