Friday, January 4, 2008

The Lion's Den

Tomorrow will be our first night in Florida, our new home. We are excited about the transition, but as an avid Georgia Bulldog fan, moving to Florida is like going to the den of lions. I am not sure that there is another team more disliked by Georgia than Florida. Paige said that she hoped our car would not get keyed because of the Georgia sticker on it. I dare someone... JUST KIDDING!!

Anyway, the church has rolled out the virtual carpet for us and posted on their website our arrival. This Sunday will be our first at Harvest Temple (www.htcog.net). Let's hope that our furniture arrives on time and in one piece. Saturday was a fiasco with the moving company. They did not show up at all on Saturday as scheduled. They arrived 2 hours late on Monday with a truck that was way too small. I told them it would be too small, but they informed me that they were professionals and that they would get it all in. 3 o'clock rolled around and the boss man come to me and tells me that all our stuff would not fit and they would have to wait until Wednesday to get another truck. I would not accept that and very nicely informed him that I needed them to figure out another option. All our stuff needed to be out by Monday night. They took care of it and then on top of that got the truck stuck in a foot of mud. So, let's pray it all gets there on Tuesday. Also pray that we can cram what we had in a 3200 sq foot house into a 1500 sq foot apartment. SARDINES!!!

3 comments:

Tom said...

I can totally relate to this post Pastor Josh.We went from a 4 bedroom house to two bedroom apartment and a year later we still are trying to figure out where to put things.Oops!I was supposed to be encouraging you wasnt I?lol.Just remember I can do all things through Christ who strenghthens me.Take care.

PS. I dont think your bumper sticker would be popular in Hawaii right now either.Take care

Anonymous said...

you win the boring blogger award


CONGRATS!!!!

Anonymous said...

You got pounded? interesting