Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Punxsutawney Phil


How in the world did I miss it! Remember in elementary school what a big deal February 2nd was? We couldn't wait to get to school to see if good ol' Mr. Groundhog himself saw his shadow. What an exciting day that always was. One filled with groundhog shaped cookies and lots of art projects involving glue and brown markers. Aaaahhh... those were the days.


So... what happened? When did I grow up? How did I go from this excited little groundhog lovin' boy to an overweight, out of shape, bald dude who remembers a mere three days later, "Did Phil see his shadow or not?" How sad the day is when I can actually sleep the night before the Punxsutawney wonder may or may not see his shadow. Oh, to go back to the days when I actually cared about the 2nd day of February. This year, I had to settle for watching a video on the internet to find out if my old friend saw his shadow.


By the way, he did see his shadow, which means a longer winter. This really has no effect on me as I am now a resident of Paradise (aka Florida). Also, as I was researching this cultural phenom we call Phil, I found out that he has a cousin down in Georgia named Bauregard Lee. He did not see his shadow, so like always, Georgia will get warmer quicker than Phil's home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about a longer winter, but it is a balmy 70 degrees in the Ville tonight. We miss you guys!! Gracelyn misses Ella at parents day out!!

Lauren Boggs

Kelley said...

Oh that's good - just rub it in that you're in paradise!